Instructions - How to Prepare and Restore Metals by Applying Everbrite or ProtectaClear Coatings.
Quick-Start Instructions (PDF) View, Download or Print Step-by-Step Directions for:
- Painted metal - Instructions for Painted, PowderCoated and Anodized Metals. Suggested Projects: Garage Doors, Steel Doors, Window Frames, Siding, Metal Buildings, Curtain Wall, Storefronts, Sheds, Metal Roofs, Trailers, Patio Furniture, Mailboxes, Signs and more.
- Unpainted, Polished or Bare Metals. Suggested Projects: Copper, Brass, Silver, Stainless Steel, Jewelry, Chrome Polished Metals, Plated metals and more.
- Rusted Metal How to Prepare and Seal Rusted Metal to prevent stains and drips of rust onto other surfaces.
- Storage DoorsStep by Step Instructions for the restoration of Storage Doors. These instructions can also be used for metal storage buildings.
- Copper Cleaning Gel Instructions Copper Cleaning Gel will remove tough tarnish. Use on Copper Roofs, Copper Gutters or other heavily tarnished copper that is difficult to clean.
- Rust Remover Instructions ERW-XL Rust Remover will remove rust and tea stains from stainless steel and other surfaces.
Maintenance Instructions - How to add maintenance coats to your coated metal.
- Maintenance Instructions for Unpainted, Annodized or Bare Metals coated with Everbrite or ProtectaClear.
- Maintenance Instructions for Painted Metals coated with Everbrite.
Other helpful pages including instructions with pictures
- Solvent wipe? Why is it important and how to solvent wipe unpainted metals to ensure a completely clean surface to be coated.
- How to Remove the Insert Under the Cap - The metal insert in some cans is necessary to prevent leakage during shipping. This can be removed and discarded. Hold the can to prevent it from tipping over and spilling and tap a screwdriver through the metal insert. Pop out the insert and discard.
How To Choose A Coating Which coating do you need for your project. Charts for Everbrite and ProtectaClear properties and uses.
Videos- How to prepare and apply Everbrite and ProtectaClear to various surfaces.
- After care - how to maintain and clean your protected metal. What to avoid.
- How much do I need? Determine what you need for your project refinishing and protecting your project.
- Click here for illustrated instructions for unpainted metal or metal that does not need to be polished.
- Heavily tarnished copper? Try our Heavy Duty Copper Cleaning Gel for hard to clean copper. Non-toxic, will not hurt plants. Step by step instructions with pictures.
- How to clean aluminum or steel siding and restore the color and shine - step by step instructions.
- How to clean self storage or roll-up doors that do not need restoration.
How to refinish storage roll-up doors and metal buildings. Step-by-step illustrated instructions.
- How to refinish anodized aluminum. Faded anodized aluminum can look new again.
Questions? We are happy to help.